Baba – Neem Karoli Baba (नीम करौली बाबा) (Great Indian Saint) who is also recognised as Neeb Karori Baba ( नीब करौरी बाबा) was a great devoteee (Bhakt) of Lord Hanuman. Babaji is known everywhere, not only in India, Infact everywhere in the world, be it USA or UK. Even Steve Jobs was the devotee of Neem Karoli Baba. Spritual Gurus like Ram Dass or Bhagwan Dass also considered him as their Guru.
Some of the Popular Name – Lakshman Das (Laxman Das), MaharajJI, Handi wala Baba, Tikonia wala baba and Chamatkari Baba.
Ashrams of Neem Karoli Baba
Ashrams of Baba Neem Karoli are in Kainchi (Near Nainital, Uttarakhand), Lucknow (UP) Vrindavan, Rishikesh(Uttarakhand), Shimla (H.P.), Neem Karoli village(Farrukhabad), Bhumiadhar, Hanumangarhi, New Delhi in India and in Taos, New Mexico. Neem Karoli Baba’s followers and devotees are everywhere now and can visit the above mentioned Ashrams.
Details about how to reach at Neem Karoli Baba Ashram can be seen here.
Birth and Initial Life of Baba Neem Karoli Ji Maharaj
It is believed that he was born around 1900 in UP. His Village was Akbarpur (Distt Firozabad). His father name was Durga Prasad Sharma.
Neem Karoli Baba married at the age of 11. In his family, there were two sons and a daughter.
He was a great devotee of Lord Hanuman and follower of Hinduism.
Vrindavan and Kainchi were the two Ashram which were built in front of him. Post his death now, there are approx over 100 temples.
Video Darshan of Neem Karoli Baba (Neeb Karoli Baba)
Map of Kainchi Dham Temple
Why he was named as Neem Karoli Baba?
- Neem Karoli Baba or Sadhu from Neem Karoli (Neeb Karoli) – Interesting story behind this goes like – During the Late twenties or may be early thirties of Maharaj JI, for several days since no one gave him any food to eat. Hungry Babaji board a train for the nearest city. Conductor or ticket checker saw that a Sadhu is sitting in firstclass without ticket. He then pulled emergency brake instantly to stop the train. Maharaj-ji was unceremoniously asked to put off that train.
- Once the brakes were applied, The train had stopped near the village of Neeb Karori. It was the village where Maharaj-Ji had been living. He was asked to leave the train and later Maharaj-ji sat down under the shade of a tree.
- Conductor then blew his whistle for train to move, but the train didn’t move. All efforts like calling another engine etc were useless.
- A Local local magistrate suggested to the officials to bring young sadhu back in the train. Officials however thought it to be a superstition but they were very frustrated too because train was just not moving.
- At last, passengers and officials approached Maharaj-ji and offered food and sweets to Him. Officials requested Maharaj Ji to board the train again which later, Babaji denied.
- He put across two demands or conditions which were- a) Build Railway station in the village of Neeb Karori as the villagers had to walk many kilometers to catch the trains) and b) the departments must Going forward start treating sadhus better. Officials happily promised to fulfill everything within in their powers.
- Maharaj-ji finally re-boarded the train. Train finally started and moved ahead. Maharaj-ji noticed that a train station was built at Neeb Karori and all sadhus started getting more respect.
Teachings of Neem Karoli Baba
- Sab EK which means all is one.
- Love everyone and forgive everyone.
- Leave you anger and frustration behind.
How did Neem Karoli Baba died? When did he die?
As per Ref – Neem Karoli Baba was died in year 1973. It was 11th September. He died in Vrindavan. He visited the Heart specialist at Agra due to chest pain. After this visit he was on the way to Kainchi Dham by train. At the time of death he was Vrindavan’s Hospital.
Babaji and his traveling companions had disembarked at Mathura railway station as Babaji began convulsing and hence requested being taken to Shri Dham Vrindavan. He was admitted in the emergency room at the hospital. Doctor tried to save his live by giving him injections and oxygen. As per the Doctors and Staff – he was in a diabetic coma however, his his pulse was fine that time.
Baba Neeb Karoli pulled off Masks and BP monitor band etc saying – “Bekar.” He then requested for Holy Ganga water. However it couldnt be arranged that time and hence Normal water was given. He then chanted -Jaya Jagadish Hare and after sometime his face became peaceful and painless. He was dead.
Samadhi of Neem Karoli Baba
Did Steve Jobs Meet Neem Karoli Baba? Followers from Abroad
Steve Jobs and his friend Dan Kottke, were greatly impressed by Hinduism and Baba Neem Karoli and travelled to India in April 1974. However unfortunately when they arrived, they were informed that Babaji was died last September.
At the time of death, Steve Jobs kept Babaji’s Photo under his pillow.
Julia Roberts was also influenced by Neem Karoli Baba. A picture of him drew Roberts to Hinduism.
Steve Jobs also influenced Mark Zuckerberg (founder of facebook) during Mark’s tough and initial days to pay visit at – Kainchi Ashram.
Larry Brilliant took Larry Page (Google) and Jeffrey Skoll (eBay), on the pilgrimage. Later Brilliant started a foundation which was also funded by Steve Jobs.
Best Images of Baba Neem Karoli (Neeb Karoli Baba)
Facts and Miracles of Neem Karoli Baba
- Maharajji was considered and recognised as Reincarnation or “Avatar” of Lord Hanuman by his devotees.
- He was blessed with lots of Siddhis and Powers.
- People saw him perform several miracles Like awakening of kundalini (Kundalini Jagruti) with a just a touch of finger in others
- It was often believed that he appeared in two places at the same time
- Devotees saw him healing the sick who were almost like dead.
- He never allowed anyone to touch his feets, he always asked his devotees to touch the feets of Hanuman Ji instead.
- Richard Albert wrote a book “Miracles of Love” on the life of Maharaj Ji.
- Kainchi Dham was the favorite place of Baba Neeb Karoli Maharajji, He often visited this place during the summers.
- 15th June everyyear- there happens- “Bhandara” at Kainchi Dham for being its foundation day.
- Read Miraculous story of Krishna Das Here.
- Story of Dada Mukherjee here.
Important Temples, Mantras, Chalisas etc as per Vedic Hinduism-
Mehandipur Balaji Mandir, (मेहंदीपुर बालाजी मंदिर) a famous Hindu temple which is dedicated to Lord Hanuman (Balaji Maharaj)in Rajasthan. This famous Balaji temple is in Dausa district. Hanumanji is recognised as Balaji in various states of India. Balaji is just another name of Hanuman Ji. As per Hinduism, if someone is suffering from the effects of ... Read moreRead More
Saraswati chalisa path- माँ सरस्वती चालीसा हिंदी में। देवी सरस्वती की चालीसा का पाठ हिंदी में अर्थ सहित। Saraswati Chalisa with Hindi lyrics ॥ दोहा ॥ जनक जननि पद कमल रज,निज मस्तक पर धारि। बन्दौं मातु सरस्वती,बुद्धि बल दे दातारि॥ पूर्ण जगत में व्याप्त तव,महिमा अमित अनंतु। रामसागर के पाप को,मातु तुही अब हन्तु॥ ॥ ... Read moreRead More
हनुमान जी की प्रिय वस्तुये एवं प्रशाद । हम सभी हनुमान भक्त सदा यही सोचते रहते हैं के कैसे हनुमानजी को खुश करें। संकट मोचन हनुमान हमारे सभी कष्ट हर लेते हैं. क्या हमें कभी हनुमान जी की प्रिय वस्तुये उन्हें अर्पित नहीं करनी चाहियें? आइये जानते हैं क्या हैं हनुमानजी को प्रिय – Offerings, Bhog ... Read moreRead More
गणेश जी की आरती हिंदी में – जय गणेश, जय गणेश, जय गणेश देवा, माता जाकी पार्वती, पिता महादेव। Ganesh Ji Ki Aarti or Ganpati ji Aarti by Anuradha Paudwal, pdf print (May 2020). Latest Shri Ganesh Bhagwan Ji ki Aarti (Great Aarti as per Hinduism to begin all auspicious work) with Ganesh Chalisa and Mantra. Jai Ganpati Bappa, Jai Ganesh! Jay ... Read moreRead More
दुर्गा कवच हिंदी एवं संस्कृत में – Durga Kavach or Devi Kavach for Navratra 2020 and every day. देवी दुर्गा कवच (Devi Durga Kavach) के द्वारा सब ओर से सुरक्षित मनुष्य जहाँ-जहाँ भी जाता है,वहाँ-वहाँ उसे धन-लाभ होता है. माँ दुर्गा के इस कवच से सम्पूर्ण कामनाओं की सिद्धि एवं विजय प्राप्ति होती है। दुर्गा कवच (Durga Kavach in Sanskrit) के पाठ ... Read moreRead More
माँ वैष्णो देवी हिन्दू मंदिर गाइड -Vaishno Devi Mandir or Temple complete details for first time visitors (वैष्णो देवी मंदिर) in 2020. Maa Vaishno Devi Mandir is dedicated to Hindu Goddess Maa Vaishno , also known as Mata Rani – Mata Adi Shakti/Adi Parashakti. In Hindus, word Maa means mother and Goddess is mother of all. ... Read moreRead More
দোহা,চৌপাঈ-Hanuman Chalisa Lyrics in Bengali Language with Meaning and translation (With PDF and Image download) (Updated August 2020- Complete Details). Translation and meaning in Bengali, For readers of Hanuman Chalisa who are comfortable in Bengali Language. Bengali Hanuman Chalisa for devotees of Lord Hanuman everywhere in the world today. Genuine and Vedic Hanuman Chalisa in Bengali translation can now download images, ... Read moreRead More
Beautiful- Lotus Temple in Delhi (दिल्ली का कमल मंदिर – लोटस टेम्पल). Why it is called Lotus Temple? Here is detailed guide about the history, timings, nearby places, tour and sighseeing, hotels and Map. Lotus temple is known for its beautiful flower like shape which looks exactly like – Lotus. This Lotus temple is one of ... Read moreRead More
लक्ष्मी चालीसा हिंदी LAXMI CHALISA Hindi lyrics, pdf in hindi and english for our readers to get the blessings of Goddess Laxmi (Lakshmi). Read Shree MahaLaxmi Chalisa (Lakshmi Chalisa) and Aarti, other vedic mantras everyday and during the festivals like Deepawali to get the blessing of Lakshmi mata. (December 2019) माँ लक्ष्मी धन और भाग्य की देवी हैं वर्णन सर्व ... Read moreRead More
SAI CHALISA – (साईं चालीसा) All lyrics, pdf in hindi and english for our readers to get the blessings of Sai Baba. Read Sai Chalisa everyday, specially thursday. Also read about Sai temples, Sai Mandir etc. We have also mentioned the Benefits of Sai Chalisa and meaning in Hindi for easy understanding. See images and videos ... Read moreRead More
Hanuman Chalisa in Kannada (Lyrics PDF and Image download) (Updated February 2020- Complete Details). Kannada is a language spoken in south India, specially – Karnataka state. But we have devotees of Lord Hanuman everywhere in the world today. For those who wants to read Hanuman Chalisa in Kannada language can now download images, pdf, video etc ... Read moreRead More
Chattarpur Mandir or Chhatarpur Temple – Delhi (छतरपुर मंदिर,दिल्ली) detailed guide about the history, timings, nearby places, tour and sighseeing, hotels and Map. Chattarpur Mandir (Chhatarpur Temple) also called as Shri Aadya Katyayani Shakti Peetham. Well known Chattarpur Mandir is well known temple of Goddess Katyayani. Situated in Delhi’s Chhatarpur, temple is built on land bank of ... Read moreRead More
HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA (हरे कृष्णा हरे कृष्णा मंत्र ), Learn, Read and Download Hare Krishna Mantra from this page. Chanting of mantra – “Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Ram, Hare Ram, Ram Ram Hare Hare” will connect you with lord Vishnu’s Avtars – Ram and Krishna. Vedic sanskrit Maha Mantra – is a ... Read moreRead More
Prem Mandir Vrindavan (प्रेम मंदिर, वृन्दावन), Findout why it is one of the most visited and beautiful temple of Vrindavan. Informative article on Prem Mandir of Vrindavan – telling about its beauty, lights, Timings, Images and peaceful environment. Prem Mandir is a huge temple that was formed by Jagadguru Shri Kripaluji Maharaj in the year ... Read moreRead More
Baba – Neem Karoli Baba (नीम करौली बाबा) (Great Indian Saint) who is also recognised as Neeb Karori Baba ( नीब करौरी बाबा) was a great devoteee (Bhakt) of Lord Hanuman. Babaji is known everywhere, not only in India, Infact everywhere in the world, be it USA or UK. Even Steve Jobs was the devotee ... Read moreRead More
Omkareshwar Temple (ओम्कारेश्वर महादेव ज्योतिर्लिंग )- popularly known as Omkareshwar or Omkareshwar Mandir is a famous Jyotirlinga (Pilgrimage) of Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva’s Omkareshwar Temple is situated on Mandhata Islands which is next to Narmada. There are 12 main Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva and – OMKARESHWAR is one of them. Other famous Shivlings are present ... Read moreRead More
Siddhivinayak Mandir or Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Temple (Google Map Location included below) is a well known Lord Ganesha’s temple situated in Mumbai (Maharashtra). Siddhivinayak Mandir is a world renowned temple of Hinduism religion which was built by Shri Laxman Vithu and Shri Deubai Patil in year 1801. It was inaugurated on 19 November 1801. Shri ... Read moreRead More
Gayatri Mantra (गायत्री मंत्र ) – संपूर्ण वैदिक संस्कृत मंत्र। Read, Learn and Download the Most powerful Vedic Mantra written in Sanskrit. “Gayatri Mantra” is a Sanskrit mantra which is also considered as the joint form of all 4 vedas. Since ancient times in hinduism, this mantra is considered as the most secret and sacred mantra recited ... Read moreRead More
Kuber Mantra | “Bhagwan Shri Kuber Mantra” (कुबेर मंत्र ) collection of Mantras to Please Lord Kuber as per Hinduism and our Hindu Religion. Kuber Mantra in hindi are written below to get blessings of Lord Kuber. Kuber is God of Wealth. As per Hindu beliefs – it is believed that Kuber is the treasurer of ... Read moreRead More
Saraswati Puja Mantras -वैदिक संस्कृत सरस्वती मंत्र – “Maa Saraswati Mantra” (माँ सरस्वती मंत्र) collection of Mantras to Please Goddess Saraswati as per Hinduism and our Hindu Religion. Saraswati Mantra in hindi for Saraswati Vandana. Saraswati Mata is Goddess of Knowledge, music, Creativity and education and wisdom. Every student, poet, writer is a devotee of Goddess Saraswati ... Read moreRead More
Read these articles -
Other Important mantras and Chalisas
- Mehandipur Balaji Mandir| Balaji Temple Detailed Guide, Facts-2020
- Saraswati Chalisa सरस्वती चालीसा
- 10 प्रशाद जो हनुमान जी को प्रिय हैं ? Offerings to HanumanJi
- Ganesh Ji Ki Aarti | Ganpati Ji Aarti | Jai Ganesh जय गणेश
- Durga Kavach in Sanskrit | Devi Durga Kavach Easy Sanskrit with meaning (दुर्गा कवच)
- Maa Vaishno Devi Mandir | Detailed Guide With Helicopter booking details at VaishnoDevi Temple for First Timers
- Hanuman Chalisa Lyrics in Bengali | দোহা,চৌপাঈ, Image, PDF (Updated August 2020)
- Lotus Temple Delhi | Detailed Guide about Lotus Temple with Timings
- Laxmi Chalisa| Chalisa of Lakshmi in Hindi lyrics, text and Image
- साई चालीसा | Sai Chalisa – Hindi English Lyrics with Benefits (Image PDF Download)- June 2020
- Hanuman Chalisa in Kannada | Download Lyrics, Image, PDF (Updated May 2020)
- Chattarpur Mandir | All you should know about Chhatarpur Mandir!
- Hare Krishna Hare Krishna | Mantra, Gaan, Dhun, Mantra – All in one Guide
- Prem Mandir Vrindavan |Jagadguru, Kripalu Maharaj | प्रेम मंदिर
- Neem Karoli Baba | Detailed Informative Article- Life of Baba Neem Karoli and Kainchi Dham