Baba – Neem Karoli Baba (नीम करौली बाबा) (Great Indian Saint) who is also recognised as Neeb Karori Baba ( नीब करौरी बाबा) was a great devotee (Bhakt) of Lord Hanuman. Babaji is known everywhere, not only in India, In fact everywhere in the world, be it USA or UK. Even Steve Jobs was the devotee of Neem Karoli Baba. Spiritual Gurus like Ram Dass or Bhagwan Dass also considered him as their Guru.
Some of the Popular Name – Lakshman Das (Laxman Das), MaharajJI, Handi wala Baba, Tikonia wala baba and Chamatkari Baba.
Ashrams of Neem Karoli Baba
Ashrams of Baba Neem Karoli are in Kainchi (Near Nainital, Uttarakhand), Lucknow (UP) Vrindavan, Rishikesh(Uttarakhand), Shimla (H.P.), Neem Karoli village(Farrukhabad), Bhumiadhar, Hanumangarhi, New Delhi in India and in Taos, New Mexico. Neem Karoli Baba’s followers and devotees are everywhere now and can visit the above-mentioned Ashrams.
Details about how to reach at Neem Karoli Baba Ashram can be seen here.
Birth and Initial Life of Baba Neem Karoli Ji Maharaj
It is believed that he was born around 1900 in UP. His Village was Akbarpur (Distt Firozabad). His father’s name was Durga Prasad Sharma.
Neem Karoli Baba married at the age of 11. In his family, there were two sons and a daughter.
He was a great devotee of Lord Hanuman and a follower of Hinduism.
Vrindavan and Kainchi were the two Ashrams that were built in front of him. Post his death now, there are approx over 100 temples.
Video Darshan of Neem Karoli Baba (Neeb Karoli Baba)
Map of Kainchi Dham Temple
Why he was named as Neem Karoli Baba?
- Neem Karoli Baba or Sadhu from Neem Karoli (Neeb Karoli) – Interesting story behind this goes like – During the Late twenties or maybe early thirties of Maharaj JI, for several days since no one gave him any food to eat. Hungry Babaji boards a train for the nearest city. The conductor or ticket checker saw that a Sadhu is sitting in first-class without a ticket. He then pulled the emergency brake instantly to stop the train. Maharaj-Ji was unceremoniously asked to put off that train.
- Once the brakes were applied, The train had stopped near the village of Neeb Karori. It was the village where Maharaj-Ji had been living. He was asked to leave the train and later Maharaj-ji sat down under the shade of a tree.
- Conductor then blew his whistle for the train to move, but the train didn’t move. All efforts like calling another engine etc were useless.
- A Local local magistrate suggested to the officials to bring young sadhu back in the train. Officials, however, thought it to be a superstition but they were very frustrated too because the train was just not moving.
- At last, passengers and officials approached Maharaj-Ji and offered food and sweets to Him. Officials requested Maharaj Ji to board the train again which later, Babaji denied.
- He put across two demands or conditions which were- a) Build Railway station in the village of Neeb Karori as the villagers had to walk many kilometers to catch the trains) and b) the departments must Going forward start treating sadhus better. Officials happily promised to fulfill everything within in their powers.
- Maharaj-Ji finally re-boarded the train. The train finally started and moved ahead. Maharaj-Ji noticed that a train station was built at Neeb Karori and all sadhus started getting more respect.
Teachings of Neem Karoli Baba
- Sab EK which means all is one.
- Love everyone and forgive everyone.
- Leave your anger and frustration behind.
How did Neem Karoli Baba die? When did he die?
As per Ref – Neem Karoli Baba died in the year 1973. It was 11th September. He died in Vrindavan. He visited the Heart specialist at Agra due to chest pain. After this visit, he was on the way to Kainchi Dham by train. At the time of death, he was Vrindavan’s Hospital.
Babaji and his traveling companions had disembarked at Mathura railway station as Babaji began convulsing and hence requested being taken to Shri Dham Vrindavan. He was admitted in the emergency room at the hospital. Doctor tried to save his life by giving him injections and oxygen. As per the Doctors and Staff – he was in a diabetic coma however, his pulse was fine at that time.
Baba Neeb Karoli pulled off Masks and BP monitor bands etc saying – “Bekar.” He then requested for Holy Ganga water. However, it couldn’t be arranged at that time and hence Normal water was given. He then chanted -Jaya Jagadish Hare and after some time his face became peaceful and painless. He was dead.
Samadhi of Neem Karoli Baba
Since he was died in Vrindavan, his “Samadhi shrine” was built within the Vrindavan ashram. His few personal belongings were also kept there.
Did Steve Jobs Meet Neem Karoli Baba? Followers from Abroad
Steve Jobs and his friend Dan Kottke, were greatly impressed by Hinduism and Baba Neem Karoli and traveledto India in April 1974. However unfortunately when they arrived, they were informed that Babaji was died last September.
- At the time of death, Steve Jobs kept Babaji’s Photo under his pillow.
- Julia Roberts was also influenced by Neem Karoli Baba. A picture of him drew Roberts to Hinduism.
- Steve Jobs also influenced Mark Zuckerberg (founder of Facebook) during Mark’s tough and initial days to pay a
visit at – Kainchi Ashram.
Larry Brilliant took Larry Page (Google) and Jeffrey Skoll (eBay), on the pilgrimage. Later Brilliant started a foundation which was also funded by Steve Jobs.
Best Images of Baba Neem Karoli (Neeb Karoli Baba)
Facts and Miracles of Neem Karoli Baba
- Maharajji was considered and recognised as Reincarnation or “Avatar” of Lord Hanuman by his devotees.
- He was blessed with lots of Siddhis and Powers.
- People saw him perform several miracles Like awakening of kundalini (Kundalini Jagruti) with a just a touch of finger in others
- It was often believed that he appeared in two places at the same time
- Devotees saw him healing the sick who were almost like dead.
- He never allowed anyone to touch his feets, he always asked his devotees to touch the feets of Hanuman Ji instead.
- Richard Albert wrote a book “Miracles of Love” on the life of Maharaj Ji.
- Kainchi Dham was the favorite place of Baba Neeb Karoli Maharajji, He often visited this place during the summers.
- 15th June every year- there happens- “Bhandara” at Kainchi Dham for being its foundation day.
- Read the Miraculous story of Krishna Das Here.
- Story of Dada Mukherjee here.
Also, see video on Youtube
Important Temples, Mantras, Chalisa etc as per Vedic Hinduism-
गणेश आरती हिंदी में – Ganesh Ji Ki Aarti or Ganpati ji Aarti detailed lyrics collection with download, pdf print (December 2019). Latest Shri Ganesh Bhagwan Ji ki Aarti (Great Aarti as per Hinduism to begin all auspicious work) with Ganesh Chalisa and Mantra. Jai Ganpati Bappa, Jai Ganesh! Jay Ganesh Jay Ganesh Jay Ganesh Deva.. इस पेज … Read more Ganesh Ji Ki Aarti | Ganpati Ji Aarti | Jai Ganesh जय गणेश
दुर्गा कवच हिंदी एवं संस्कृत में – Durga Kavach or Devi Kavach for Navratra 2020 and every day. देवी दुर्गा कवच (Devi Durga Kavach) के द्वारा सब ओर से सुरक्षित मनुष्य जहाँ-जहाँ भी जाता है,वहाँ-वहाँ उसे धन-लाभ होता है. माँ दुर्गा के इस कवच से सम्पूर्ण कामनाओं की सिद्धि एवं विजय प्राप्ति होती है। दुर्गा कवच (Durga Kavach in Sanskrit) के पाठ … Read more Durga Kavach | Devi Durga Kavach Easy Sanskrit with meaning (दुर्गा कवच)
Vaishno Devi Mandir or Temple complete details for first time visitors (वैष्णो देवी मंदिर). Maa Vaishno Devi Mandir is dedicated to Hindu Goddess Maa Vaishno , also known as Mata Rani – Mata Adi Shakti/Adi Parashakti. In Hindus, word Maa means mother and Goddess is mother of all. Maa Vaishno Devi temple is situated in Trikuta … Read more Maa Vaishno Devi Mandir | Detailed Guide With Helicopter booking details at VaishnoDevi Temple for First Timers
দোহা,চৌপাঈ-Hanuman Chalisa in Bengali Language with Meaning and translation (Lyrics PDF and Image download) (Updated December 2019- Complete Details). For readers of Hanuman Chalisa who are comfortable in Bengali Language. Bengali Hanuman Chalisa for devotees of Lord Hanuman everywhere in the world today. Genuine and Vedic Hanuman Chalisa in Bengali translation can now download images, pdf, video etc … Read more Hanuman Chalisa in Bengali | দোহা,চৌপাঈ,Lyrics, Image, PDF (Updated December 2019)
Beautiful- Lotus Temple in Delhi (दिल्ली का कमल मंदिर – लोटस टेम्पल) detailed guide about the history, timings, nearby places, tour and sighseeing, hotels and Map. Lotus temple is known for its beautiful flower like shape which looks exactly like – Lotus. This Lotus temple is one of the Baha-i’s faith or Baha’ism which believes in unity … Read more Lotus Temple Delhi | Detailed Guide about Lotus Temple with Timings
लक्ष्मी चालीसा हिंदी LAXMI CHALISA Hindi lyrics, pdf in hindi and english for our readers to get the blessings of Goddess Laxmi (Lakshmi). Read Shree MahaLaxmi Chalisa (Lakshmi Chalisa) and Aarti, other vedic mantras everyday and during the festivals like Deepawali to get the blessing of Lakshmi mata. (December 2019) माँ लक्ष्मी धन और भाग्य की देवी हैं वर्णन सर्व … Read more Laxmi Chalisa| Chalisa of Lakshmi in Hindi lyrics, text and Image
SAI CHALISA – (साईं चालीसा)All lyrics, pdf in hindi and english for our readers to get the blessings of Sai Baba. Read Sai Chalisa everyday, specially thursday. Also read about Sai temples, Sai Mandir etc. We have also mentioned the Benefits of Sai Chalisa and meaning in Hindi for easy understanding. See images and videos … Read more साई चालीसा | Sai Chalisa – Hindi English Lyrics with Benefits (Image PDF Download)- December 2019
Hanuman Chalisa in Kannada (Lyrics PDF and Image download) (Updated December 2019- Complete Details). Kannada is a language spoken in south India, specially – Karnataka state. But we have devotees of Lord Hanuman everywhere in the world today. For those who wants to read Hanuman Chalisa in Kannada language can now download images, pdf, video etc … Read more Hanuman Chalisa in Kannada | Download Lyrics, Image, PDF (Updated December 2019)
Chattarpur Mandir or Chhatarpur Temple – Delhi (छतरपुर मंदिर,दिल्ली) detailed guide about the history, timings, nearby places, tour and sighseeing, hotels and Map. Chattarpur Mandir (Chhatarpur Temple) also called as Shri Aadya Katyayani Shakti Peetham. Well known Chattarpur Mandir is well known temple of Goddess Katyayani. Situated in Delhi’s Chhatarpur, temple is built on land bank of … Read more Chattarpur Mandir | All you should know about Chhatarpur Mandir!
HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA (हरे कृष्णा हरे कृष्णा मंत्र ), Chanting of mantra – “Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Ram, Hare Ram, Ram Ram Hare Hare” will connect you with lord Vishnu’s Avtars – Ram and Krishna. Vedic sanskrit Maha Mantra – is a actually a Vaishnav Mantra which was mentioned in Kali Santarana … Read more Hare Krishna Hare Krishna | Mantra, Gaan, Dhun, Mantra – All in one Guide
Prem Mandir Vrindavan (प्रेम मंदिर, वृन्दावन), Findout why it is one of the most visited and beautiful temple of Vrindavan. Informative article on Prem Mandir of Vrindavan – telling about its beauty, lights, Timings, Images and peaceful environment. Prem Mandir is a huge temple that was formed by Jagadguru Shri Kripaluji Maharaj in the year … Read more Prem Mandir Vrindavan |Jagadguru, Kripalu Maharaj | प्रेम मंदिर
Baba – Neem Karoli Baba (नीम करौली बाबा) (Great Indian Saint) who is also recognised as Neeb Karori Baba ( नीब करौरी बाबा) was a great devoteee (Bhakt) of Lord Hanuman. Babaji is known everywhere, not only in India, Infact everywhere in the world, be it USA or UK. Even Steve Jobs was the devotee … Read more Neem Karoli Baba | Detailed Informative Article- Life of Baba Neem Karoli and Kainchi Dham
Omkareshwar Temple (ओम्कारेश्वर महादेव ज्योतिर्लिंग )- popularly known as Omkareshwar or Omkareshwar Mandir is a famous Jyotirlinga (Pilgrimage) of Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva’s Omkareshwar Temple is situated on Mandhata Islands which is next to Narmada. There are 12 main Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva and – OMKARESHWAR is one of them. Other famous Shivlings are present … Read more Omkareshwar History, Mythology Jyotirlinga|Travel and Tourism Guide of Omkareshwar Temple
Siddhivinayak Mandir or Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Temple (Google Map Location included below) is a well known Lord Ganesha’s temple situated in Mumbai (Maharashtra). Siddhivinayak Mandir is a world renowned temple of Hinduism religion which was built by Shri Laxman Vithu and Shri Deubai Patil in year 1801. It was inaugurated on 19 November 1801. Shri … Read more Siddhivinayak Mandir | सिद्धिविनायक मंदिर | Detailed guide of a Famous Ganesha Temple
Gayatri Mantra (गायत्री मंत्र ) – The Most powerful Vedic Mantra written in Sanskrit. “Gayatri Mantra” is a Sanskrit mantra which is also considered as the joint form of all 4 vedas. Since ancient times in hinduism, this mantra is considered as the most secret and sacred mantra recited by learned brahmins only during Vedic days. Today … Read more Gayatri Mantra in Sanskrit with Meaning| गायत्री मंत्र -Powerful Vedic Mantra- Benefits
Kuber Mantra | “Bhagwan Shri Kuber Mantra” (कुबेर मंत्र ) collection of Mantras to Please Lord Kuber as per Hinduism and our Hindu Religion. Kuber Mantra in hindi are written below to get blessings of Lord Kuber. Kuber is God of Wealth. As per Hindu beliefs – it is believed that Kuber is the treasurer of … Read more Kuber Mantra|कुबेर मंत्र| Detailed Meaning|Hindi Benefits|Mp3|Image
Saraswati Puja Mantras -वैदिक संस्कृत सरस्वती मंत्र – “Maa Saraswati Mantra” (माँ सरस्वती मंत्र) collection of Mantras to Please Goddess Saraswati as per Hinduism and our Hindu Religion. Saraswati Mantra in hindi for Saraswati Vandana. Saraswati Mata is Goddess of Knowledge, music, Creativity and education and wisdom. Every student, poet, writer is a devotee of Goddess Saraswati … Read more सरस्वती मंत्र- Maa Saraswati Puja Mantra | Vedic Sanskrit Translations- Read and Download – Saraswati Mantra
Ram Stuti (राम स्तुति)- “Shri Ram Chandra Krapalu Bhajman ..” and Ram Aarti (श्री राम आरती) with Lyrics in Hindi and English and Image PDF Download. Only collection with Shri Ram Stuti (श्री राम स्तुति) and Ram Aarti (श्री राम आरती ) and Ram Raksha Stotram in one page with all downloadable free content. We have Shri … Read more श्री राम स्तुति | Ram Stuti and Aarti in Hindi and English Lyrics with Image Download
Updated- January 2020 – Hanuman Mantra (हनुमान मंत्र) in Hindi and Image text downloadable with videos. Power Bajrangbali “Hanuman Mantra” हनुमान मंत्र to get the blessings of Lord Hanuman easily. Just read these Mantras in Morning prayers and Hanumanji will surely protect you and remove all your obstacles. Complete guide about Lord Hanuman – BajrangBali. In this … Read more 10 Important Hanuman Mantra- Hindi – हनुमान मंत्र का जाप अवश्य करें।
विष्णु चालीसा हिंदी में (Vishnu Chalisa) January 2020 – हम सब जानते हैं के भगवान विष्णु हिन्दू धर्म के प्रमुख त्रिदेवो में से है । हिन्दू शास्त्रों की मान्यतानुसार समस्त जगत का पालन भगवन श्री हरि विष्णु जी (Vishnu Chalisa Hindi)करते हैं एवं वह लक्ष्मी की साथ क्षीरसागर में वास करते हैं. Read, Print and Download विष्णु को दया-प्रेम का सागर … Read more विष्णु चालीसा | विधि लाभ | Vishnu Chalisa| Updated Chalisa of Vishnu -Hindi – January 2020
Read these articles –
- Mehandipur Balaji Mandir| Balaji Temple Detailed Guide, Facts-2020
- Saraswati Chalisa सरस्वती चालीसा
- 10 प्रशाद जो हनुमान जी को प्रिय हैं ? Offerings to HanumanJi
- Ganesh Ji Ki Aarti | Ganpati Ji Aarti | Jai Ganesh जय गणेश
- Durga Kavach in Sanskrit | Devi Durga Kavach Easy Sanskrit with meaning (दुर्गा कवच)
- Maa Vaishno Devi Mandir | Detailed Guide With Helicopter booking details at VaishnoDevi Temple for First Timers
- Hanuman Chalisa Lyrics in Bengali | দোহা,চৌপাঈ, Image, PDF (Feb 2021)
- Lotus Temple Delhi | Detailed Guide about Lotus Temple with Timings
- Laxmi Chalisa| Chalisa of Lakshmi in Hindi lyrics, text and Image
- साई चालीसा | Sai Chalisa – Hindi English Lyrics with Benefits (Image PDF Download)- 2021
- Hanuman Chalisa in Kannada | Download Lyrics, Image, PDF (2021)
- Chattarpur Mandir | All you should know about Chhatarpur Mandir!
- Hare Krishna Hare Krishna | Mantra, Gaan, Dhun, Mantra – All in one Guide
- Prem Mandir Vrindavan |Jagadguru, Kripalu Maharaj | प्रेम मंदिर
- Neem Karoli Baba | Detailed Informative Article- Life of Baba Neem Karoli and Kainchi Dham